BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
When you complete and return the booking form you agree to accept all these conditions and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations as defined to you in all materials sent to you from us. This agreement is made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced by Spanish Law.
- To secure your booking a non refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount is required after the booking form is confirmed. It must made by bank transfer , Credit Card or PayPal, with the balance payable within 30 days of your booking commencement. PayPal payments will have an extra charge of +5% over the total amount.
- We will ask you for your preferred payment method once we confirm your booking form.
- For bookings made less than 30 days before booking commencement, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel your reservation if payment is not paid on time.
- If the individual client making the booking is doing so for a group of two or more people they will automatically be allocated the status of ‘party leader’ and will be the primary contact and responsible person for all passengers and all information and matters concerning the reservation.
- The client is responsible for providing correct contact information including email and mobile phone number. Any failure in services resulting from us having incorrect contact information will be deemed to be the fault of the client and no compensation will be available.
- AGE: to make a booking you must be 18 years or over. Those under 18 years of age are not permitted to travel on their own, but may travel with a pre booked parent or elected guardian. The conduct and behaviour of any passenger under the age of 18 is the responsibility of accompanying adults.
- A temporary booking confirmation will be sent by email when received the Booking Form. This email will include the bank details for the transfer of the 30% deposit.
- Once received the Bank Transfer , Credit Card or PayPal payment, we will send an email with the confirmed booking code.
- Should this confirmation not be received, the client must contact us to raise the matter. This could be for various reasons including incorrect spelling of email addresses during the booking process.
- Any loss of service or extra charges incurred by the client as a result of any incorrect information being supplied to us will not be the responsibility of or compensated by the company.
AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENT
- If you cancel your booking more than 20 days before the first day of your trip, you will receive a refund of monies paid, minus the non-refundable deposit.
- If you cancel your booking less than 20 days before the first day of your trip you will receive no refund on monies paid. But you can use your booking for next year.
- Airport pick up times can be any time , but informed previous booking . Clients are asked to do their best to keep us informed of such delays by contacting +34 696081993. In such instances it may be necessary to pay a surcharge for additional parking / waiting time, estimated on 5 EUR per hour.
- For long delays, cancelled or diverted flights (likewise other forms of transport) clients will be required to re-book; tickets can be used as proof of purchase if clients wish to seek reimbursement through their travel provider or insurer.
AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY US
- We will always try our best to avoid delays, cancelling or amending a trip, however, we reserve the right to change the itinerary advertised for any booking, at any time and for any reason, such as adverse weather conditions, forestry, road , trail operations and other seasonal activities, or, if the minimum number needed to operate a standard trip (2 pax) has not been met. In the latter case we will advise you no later than 28 days prior to departure. Please contact us before you book your travel to confirm that the trip has enough participants to run the trip.
- Where circumstances beyond our control force us to amend a trip no deposits or payments will be refunded (please refer to Section 10 / Force Majeure).
- In the event of circumstances that force us to cancel a trip you will be offered an alternative trip, or if this is unacceptable, receive a full refund of any deposit or prepayment you have made.
- We are not liable for any additional expenses you incur through cancellation, amendments or unforeseen delays including, but not limited to, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess, or non refundable flights, train or bus tickets. In circumstances where cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable expenses and non-refundable deposit paid.
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept certain activities such as mountain biking can be hazardous and may involve elements of risk or discomfort, and that you take personal responsibility for your own actions.
- We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation.
- You must at all times participate within your own ability and always wear approved safety equipment, including a proper Mountain Bike helmet, knee and elbow pads.
- You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen activity and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the activity, as specified in the booking form.
- You must notify us of any specific medication and dietary requirements at time of filling the booking form.
- If you have to drop out of a trip you will be responsible for any travel arrangements or additional costs incurred.
- For those participating in cycling and mountain biking – whether hired or belonging to you – it is your responsibility to arrive with and keep your bike in safe working order.
TRANSPORTATION VEHICLE CAPACITY
- Our vehicle carry a maximum of 8 passengers.
- All customers are allocated space to carry two items of luggage (standard size bag or suitcase and one piece of hand luggage) plus one mountain bike, or large piece of sports gear.
- Should a client present themselves for pickup with more than this allocation, without prior notification, then we reserve the right to charge an excess luggage fee to cover any additional costs or to refuse carriage of the extra luggage.
- We use vehicles in which all seats are fitted with seat belts. All passengers are required to wear seat belts in any vehicle(s) we operate.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians of any passenger under the age of 16 to ensure that their seat belts are fastened properly and for the whole duration of any journey.
- The consumption of alcohol is not permitted in any vehicle we operate and/or prior to the mountain bike activity.
- We reserve the right to refuse transport services to any passenger who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who is behaving in an abusive or threatening manner towards our staff or other passengers. This right is delegated to all members of our staff including drivers and representatives.
- Smoking is not permitted in our vehicles..
- Any damage caused to a vehicle, either internal or external, must be paid for, in full, by the client at the time of the incident. In cases where this charge cannot be paid or payment is refused all future reservations will be cancelled and no refund given to the clients. We reserve the right to terminate transport services immediately should this situation arise. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then we will be forced to take legal action against the customer(s) in question.
- Clients must not leave litter or rubbish of any kind in the vehicle.
- Although we will make every effort to ensure the safe carriage of your property, the property of the client is carried at their own risk and no responsibility for any loss or damage can be accepted by our company.
- Please ensure that your luggage is adequately insured.
- We will take all reasonable care when transporting bikes; however we are not responsible financially for any damage caused by a third party during our trip, as a result of off road cycling or during transit to the start point of the trip.
- Insurance coverage against the risks of medical and personal accidents is a necessary booking condition. The insurance must cover the activities undertaken and include repatriation costs, air rescue services and helicopter services.
- Even if you already have medical insurance, we suggest that you take out a specific supplementary insurance for sports holidays, as some expenses may not be included or completely covered by your existing policy.
- In the event of medical emergency assistance and / or repatriation from a trip, the responsibility for these costs is charged to the customer. It is therefore essential that adequate coverage is established. It is your responsibility to ensure that the purchased insurance coverage is adequate. You will also need to complete a statement on our registration form to confirm it.
- If not provided, we strongly recommend that you take out an insurance policy at the same time of your booking.
LIABILITY AND COMPENSATION
- Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated meeting point.
- If you fail to arrive there at the appointed time for whatever reason, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group.
- We shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to carry out the contract if such failure is due to the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably cycle helmets.
- We will accept liability for our negligence causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Spanish law.
- We cannot accept any liability in the event of delay and resulting costs incurred by the client due to circumstances out of their control. These circumstances can include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Road traffic accidents causing delays
- Deaths or accidents causing injury on the roads
- Vehicle breakdowns
- Unforeseen problems caused by other passengers
- Industrial action
- Civil unrest
- Any action of a third party that damages vehicles
- Severe weather conditions
- Actions of the police, customs officers or any other government officer that results in delay
- Force Majeure (e.g.: war, natural disaster, act of god etc)
- We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the trip if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than us; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond our control; a result of an event which we or any of our agents, even with all due care, could not foresee.
- Where damage relates to damage caused by the provision of road, rail, river or sea transport, or hotel accommodation, any compensation payable will be limited by the Athens Convention 1974 (sea), the Berne Convention 1961 (rail), and the Paris Convention 1962 (hotel accommodation).
- Any independent arrangements you make which are not part of the trip are entirely at your own risk.
- We are covered by public liability insurance; by completing our booking form you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
- In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Terms and Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
- Blacktown trails sl. , its owners, employees, affiliated entities, agents, representatives, officers, directors, associates, volunteers, successors and assigns (collectively, “the company”), which acts only as an intermediary for its suppliers, assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any negligent or wilful act or omission of any supplier, or of any other person or entity.
- A supplier’s services are subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions, as well as the local laws and regulations of the relevant country.
- I have voluntarily applied to participate in the tour on which I am booked.
- I am voluntarily participating in this tour with the knowledge of the numerous risks and dangers involved, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of the company.
- As lawful consideration of, and as part of the payment for, the right to participate in the tour, and as part of the payment for the services arranged for me by the company I agree to be responsible for my own welfare and assume all of the above risks, including those known and unknown to me.
- As lawful consideration of, and as part of the payment for, the right to participate in the tour, and as part of the payment for the services arranged for me by the company, I expressly release, discharge and hold harmless forever BlackTown trails sl., their owners, employees, affiliated entities, employees, agents, representatives, officers, associates, volunteers, successors and assigns from and against any liability, actions, causes of actions, debts, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature whatsoever which I now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with my tour or participation in the activities arranged for me by the company.
- I agree that the terms of this agreement shall serve as a complete release and express assumption of risk for myself, all members of my family and all minors traveling with me, my and their heirs, successors, assigns, and legal representatives. It is my intention to fully assume all risks associated with this tour and to release the company from any and all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- I further agree to “indemnify” the company against any claim by any person, including minors, arising in whole or in part from an injury or other loss suffered or caused by me in connection with the expedition or my participation in the trip.
- I have carefully read and understand the provisions and legal consequences of this agreement, and I hereby agree to all of its conditions. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- I acknowledge that by accepting these terms and conditions (i.e. by completing a booking form), this constitutes my acceptance of this agreement.
- Any dispute between our company and a client or third party that is not resolved by an agreement acceptable to both parties shall be referred to an intermediary. If this is not successful then the matter shall be dealt with through the Spanish court system.
- All information, including contact details, supplied to us by the client during the booking process will remain confidential and will not be shared with any companies or organisations. The only exception to this will be in cases where we arrange third party services e.g. accommodation(s)/transport(s) from third party companies to assist in the delivery of booked services.
- We reserve the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
- It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions.
- Photographs and videos: any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our trips may be used by the company without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future) for promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, videos and the internet.
This site only adopts secure payment options.
Payments for bookings must be done once approval by bank transfer, credit card or PayPal. In this way we protect your payment information and we never receive sensitive information about your means of payment. Only in site is accepted cash as a payment method.
That way you/ we guarantee that, for each purchase made by you
– all information you provide is true and complete
– any bank charges you may incur will be at your sole charge
– accept these Terms and Conditions, as well as those of Paypal and / or other payment processors using this website.
Right of withdrawal
In strict accordance with Article 103 of the Spanish Consumer and Consumer Law, the right of withdrawal is not applicable to our services.
From article 98 , Formal requirements for distance contracts. Amended by sole article 28 of Law 3/2014, of 27 March
7. The entrepreneur must provide the consumer or user with confirmation of the contract entered into on a durable medium and within a reasonable time after the distance contract is entered into, not later than the time the goods are delivered or before performance of the service begins. The confirmation must include:
a) All the information referred to in article 97.1, unless the entrepreneur has already provided that information to the consumer or user on a durable medium prior to entering into the distance contract, and
b) Where applicable, confirmation of the express prior consent of the consumer or user and that they are aware of the loss of the right ofwithdrawal in accordance with article 103.m).
These General Conditions are governed by Spanish law. The solution of any conflicts or disputes must be presented to the courts of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands (Spain).
The site owner may change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice. The user must always consult them before completing the purchase process. For this reason the site owner always provides the User with the most recent and updated version of the Terms and Conditions.
The owner of this site is supported by third parties (for hardware, software and other types of technology) to allow you to use www.dhguidecanarias.com in an optimal manner.
All information contained in this site, articles and emails sent to the newsletter are for informational purposes only. If you wish to use the suggestions contained in these documents, you assume full responsibility for your actions.
Under any circumstances Dh Guide Canarias can not be held responsible for any kind of damage, direct or indirect, arising from the use of this material, which is provided “as it is” and without guarantees.
All material on Dh Guide Canarias is protected by © copyright. No part may be copied, or modified in any format, sold or used in any way other than what is described in this document, under any circumstances, without express permission of the author.
i have it clear , take me to …..